Dr Boon Lim can see patients at several locations including:
- One Welbeck Heart Health, 1 Welbeck Street, London W1G 0AR
- The Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Wing, Hammersmith Hospital, W12 0HS
- The BUPA Cromwell Hospital, Cromwell Road, SW5 0TU
Dr Lim is fee assured with all major insurance companies and is recognised by nearly all leading UK private medical insurers. This means that insured patients will not have to pay any additional cost for your consultations. However, please do check the level of cover you have for diagnostic tests prior to your consultation. Please do call your insurance company to obtain a pre-authorisation code for the consultation and the diagnostic procedures. Depending on your symptoms, and possible diagnosis, some of these initial cardiology diagnostic tests which may be ordered may include:
Call Us at (44)0 207 042 1789 for more info
If any other diagnostic testing is required, Dr Lim’s administrative team will be able to talk you through the process on the day. Although most insurance policies will cover the initial consultation, you must check with your insurer about any relevant diagnostic test limits. For your peace of mind, it is always better to establish your diagnostic test limit with your insurance and specific policy to establish the potential shortfall that you may be liable for, where necessary.
Consultations for new patients are scheduled for 30 minutes, with follow-up consultations usually scheduled for 20 minutes.
We would expect you to bring your GP or consultant referral letters, as well as any past medical information you may have, prior to the consultation. Dr Lim will be able to focus on your major concerns and agenda, and will be able to provide a comprehensive medical assessment, and institute a treatment plan specific to your needs to help improve your wellbeing.
If any cardiac procedures are necessary, Dr Lim will usually discuss this directly on the day of your consult, and work out a suitable time and location for the procedures to be done. Dr Lim is an expert on heart rhythm disorders and has performed over 2000 procedures including:
• Ablation for atrial fibrillation, including cryoablation (freezing technology) of radiofrequency ablation (cauterisation) guided by state-of-the-art 3D mapping systems such as CARTO, Precision, Rhythmia, and Cardioinsight.
• Ablation for supraventricular tachycardias (SVT), including AVNRT and AVRT.
• Ablation for ectopic beats, including ventricular ectopics and ventricular tachycardia
• Insertion of implantable loop recorders (LINQ device)
• Insertion of pacemakers, and implantable defibrillators.
Dr Lim has admitting rights to:
We understand that you may have last minute adjustments in your timetable or emergencies. We would ask that you inform us as soon as possible if you are not going to be able to make your allocated appointment. If you do not inform us, you will be liable for the cost of the consultation.
Dr Lim has NHS clinics which run at Hammersmith Hospital on Wednesday, and at West Middlesex University Hospital on Thursday. Importantly, these clinics are often supported heavily by nurses and clinical registrars under Dr Lim’s supervision, and you may be seen by one of them. Also note that waiting times may be longer for NHS clinical consultations.
All NHS clinic appointments should be requested directly by your GP, who should write directly to: